Webisode 4: Dress to Impress
There's no denying that the A-Listers have been looking dapper in the fashion pages of our magazine, but would they be able to dress themselves without the aid of a stylist, or heck, their partners? That's what this week's style challenge sought to find out.
For this challenge, the A-Listers were grouped according to the four labels under Kwang Sia — Y-3, A Bathing Ape, Hugo Boss and DSquared2. With the respective stores at their disposal, they were each given scenarios for which to style themselves under 15 minutes. The scenarios were:
Hugo Boss: Applying for the position of Brand Manager of Hugo Boss AG in Germany
DSquared2: Front row seats at the DSquared2 Fall/Winter 2012 fashion show in Milan with prime front-row seats
Y-3: Attending a rock concert in Japan in Autumn.
A Bathing Ape: Having lunch with the founder of A Bathing Ape, Nigo
Their outfits were judged according to the criteria of fit, creative flair and suitability to occasion which they had to present to the style savvy panel of judges: Calvin Ong, Fashion Director of Kwang Sia and Janie Cai, Fashion Director of August Man. After the judges gave their critique, the men were given another five minutes to edit their outfit if they wished before submitting their final look.
Who walked away with the grand prize of $400 worth of shopping vouchers from Kwang Sia? Watch and find out. The others didn't walk away empty handed, at least they won't be for long, because they each received a special 20% discount off all the brands!
If you missed the previous A-Lister webisodes, watch them here!
Win a pair of tickets to the A-Listers Finale Party at Avalon on 30 September!
Together with its 5th anniversary celebrations, August Man will be unveiling the three winners of the A-Listers at a big bash at Avalon at Marina Bay Sands on 30 September. Here's your chance to join in the revelry and meet your favourite A-Listers in person!
To stand a chance to win a pair of tickets, simply answer this question:
Q: Which label did Benjamin and Pern picked their outfits from?
Email your answer to firstname.lastname@example.org by 15 September with your full name, contact number, age and occupation.
You can also tune in to 91.3FM every Friday from 4.00pm to 7.30pm to The Backseat with Cheryl Miles and Maddy Barber to win a pair of invites to the party!
- Five things to do this weekend (7–9 Mar) Desiree Pakiam - Going Out – By Day - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 10:46 AM SGT
- Former Singapore Idol Sezairi will now get to judge local talent Singapore Showbiz - Sat, Mar 1, 2014 12:15 PM SGT
- Dogs are not aggressive, they’re just territorial: dog expert Cesar Milan Singapore Showbiz - Fri, Feb 28, 2014 1:54 PM SGT
- Five things to do this weekend (28 Feb–2 Mar) Desiree Pakiam - Going Out – By Day - Thu, Feb 27, 2014 5:39 PM SGT
- ‘The Amazing Spider-Man 2’ cast to descend on Singapore for Earth Hour 2014 Jeanette Tan - Singapore Showbiz - Thu, Feb 27, 2014 12:24 PM SGT