Webisode 5: Moments with Lumix and Kitchen Showdown
This week's webisode tested the August Man A-Listers in not just one, but two, challenges.
Moments with Lumix Challenge
First, their photographic eye was put to the test with the Moments with Lumix challenge. Equipped with the latest Panasonic Lumix GF3 camera, the brand's smallest and lightest Digital Interchangeable Lens system camera to date, they were tasked to capture the A-Listers experience from their point of view by taking as many pictures as possible, including a shot of Hotel Fort Canning in its best element.
Each A-Lister had to select five images complete with captions to be presented before a panel of judges. Their photos were judged on creativity, story-telling and picture composition and the winner of this challenge walked away with the Lumix GF3 camera worth $899 and a 60-minute aromatherapy massage at Thann Sanctuary spa located at Hotel Fort Canning worth $150!
This culinary challenge was hotly anticipated by some of the more kitchen-inclined A-Listers, not so much those who were more accustomed to getting take out. Hosted by Chef Lino Sauro of Gattopardo restaurant, the A-Listers were grouped into teams and each had to whip up two pastas, Oxtail Tortelloni and Aglio Olio, and a dessert, champagne sabayon in 40 minutes. Did they emerge a Kitchen Nightmare or a Top Chef? Watch the video to find out! The winning team won a bottle of wine, Dogajolo Rosso, Toscana, 2009, each, sponsored by Gattopardo.
If you missed the previous A-Lister webisodes, watch them here!
Win a pair of tickets to the A-Listers Finale Party at Avalon on 30 September!
Together with its 5th anniversary celebrations, August Man will be unveiling the three winners of the A-Listers at a big bash at Avalon at Marina Bay Sands on 30 September. Here's your chance to join in the revelry and meet your favourite A-Listers in person!
To stand a chance to win a pair of tickets, simply answer this question:
Q: Which Italian restaurant hosted Kitchen Showdown?
Email your answer to firstname.lastname@example.org by 28 September with your full name, contact number, age and occupation.
You can also tune in to 91.3FM every Friday from 4.00pm to 7.30pm to The Backseat with Cheryl Miles and Maddy Barber to win a pair of invites to the party!
- Five things to do this weekend (6–8 Dec) Desiree Pakiam - Going Out – By Day - 11 hours ago
- Korean music television programmes: Important piece to K-pop puzzle Peace Chiu - Going Out – By Night - 23 hours ago
- The 3 Dress Essentials You'll Need This Holiday Season Slaves to Fashion, Glamour Magazine - Going Out – By Night - Thu, Dec 5, 2013 7:10 AM SGT
- Kate Stuns in Royal Family's Heirloom Tiara Charlotte Rudge, Staff Writer - Going Out – By Night - Thu, Dec 5, 2013 4:24 AM SGT
- Andy Lau wants to invest in property in Singapore Peace Chiu - Singapore Showbiz - Wed, Dec 4, 2013 10:26 PM SGT